In It Together
Sky Blues in the Community have recently launched their brand new project, known as ‘In It Together’. This project is funded by Sport England and Public Health with a specific element exclusively for Secondary Schools in Coventry. The project will help support and encourage young women aged 13-19 to get active and lead healthier lifestyles.
Over the next 3 years, Sky Blues in the Community are offering the In It Together programme for FREE to all Secondary Schools in Coventry to enable as many local girls to benefit as possible. The programme involves the following:
- 10 weeks of After School Sessions delivered once a week at your school for students in Years 9, 10, 11 and Sixth Form.
- Each week, girls will participate in a range of fun and fitness based activities.
- Girls will be provided with information on exit routes to continue being physically active on a regular basis.
- Instructors will facilitate discussions and provide information on a range of health based topics and issues that affect young women (healthy eating, physical activity, smoking, alcohol, sexual health, etc…)
- Girls who commit to the sessions will receive a small gift at the end to reward them for their commitment.
All of the sessions on the programme will be delivered by Sky Blues in the Community coaches and instructors and will be aligned with the ‘This Girl Can’ Sport England Campaign.
If you would like any more information about the In It Together project, please contact our Health Coordinator, Kimberley Dougherty, Telephone: 02476 786 314 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org