Accelerate into Work
What is Accelerate?
Accelerate is a £3million Building Better Opportunities employability project funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.
Over the next two years, Accelerate will help around 900 people furthest away from the labour market to get into work.
Led by Coventry and Warwickshire CDA, the project brings together 23 local partners to provide each participant with a single access point to confidence building, work experience, skills enhancement, enterprise support and practical help to overcome barriers to work.
Each person accessing Accelerate will be assigned a Journey Guide responsible for working with them to design a tailor-made package of support to meet their individual requirements.
You can find out more about Accelerate HERE
Our role within the project…
We will run several programmes over the course 2017/18, enabling participants to overcome complex barriers to employment and develop their confidence, all within a sociable and positive environment.
Participants will achieve an accredited Level 1 Sports Leadership Qualification covering essential leadership and teamwork skills transferable to working life. The programme is highly practical with participants given the opportunity to demonstrate their skills by delivering their own sports coaching sessions alongside their peers and assisting SBitC coaches across our community projects.
1 hour per week will be dedicated to workshops directed towards improving health and wellbeing and developing essential employability, literacy and numeracy skills to aid participants in their journey into work.
Support throughout the programme will be targeted and individualised, with each participant receiving one-to-one to guidance from our Training and Skills Officer.
The programme is held at the Moat House Leisure and Neighbourhood Centre, Winston Avenue, Coventry, CV2 1EA.
1 – 31st January – 18th March
2 – 25th April – 8th June
3 – 5th September – 12th October
4 – 7th November – 14th December
Contact our Training and Skills Officer, Andrew Hopcroft via email@example.com or 024 7678 6349.
You will then be invited for an interview with the Training and Skills Officer to:
– Establish your expectations & goals
– Give you an opportunity to discuss and ask any questions about the programme
– Complete the registration form and provide relevant documents evidencing your right to work in the U.K and that you’re unemployed or economically inactive.
– Arrange travel expenditure (i.e. bus pass for the duration of the programme)
– This programme is limited to those who are unemployed or economically inactive (i.e. retired, disabled, receiving ESA, IB or IS; or not in receipt of benefits).
– This is a FREE programme and participants can still claim their job seekers allowance/Universal credit whilst taking part.
– Participants will be able to claim expenses such as childcare costs and travel (i.e. a bus pass for the duration of the programme).
– Upon completion of the programme participants will receive two Coventry City F.C home game tickets and will be presented with their certificate on the pitch at half-time.